It is interesting to note the fact that acquiring the best blender is very important in crafting a perfect and healthy meal. A blender actually has a variety of uses which include crafting delicious frozen beverages, preparing green smoothies, meal preparation and even making your own rice flour at home.
You may also need a best blender for crushing ice. Purchasing the best blender should be an easy thing to do. With some great blenders available in the market, it is very vital for any potential buyer to be aware of the different types of blenders, the important things to consider before buying one, some of the best blenders available in the market and where to buy with the best prices, deals and also shipping services.
This comparison and buying guide will provide you useful details and tips to help you ensure that you acquire a well-made and powerful blender with efficient performance to suit all your different blending needs.
Types of Blenders
Most people consider blenders as just any another handy home appliance. It is however important to know that blenders are available in different types and each type has it specific purpose. Going through the blender reviews in this guide will you a better picture of the different types.
Being knowledgeable about the various types enables you to identify them uniquely so that you know the one that is convenient for your needs before purchasing. There are two main types of blenders which have been discussed into detail below
1. An Immersion Blender (Stick Blender)
An Immersion or Stick Blender is a small, long and thin device which has blades on one side and the other side designed for holding it. This type of blenders is an appropriate selection for blending various thinner blender drinks such as smoothies and soups.
The blenders are also suitable for blending softer components such as vegetables and fruits. Another great aspect about these blenders is their ability to blend hot, including boiling hot, ingredients directly in your cooking pan. The blenders are very practical which makes them easy-to-use and clean. The Immersion type of blenders is sub-divided further into 4 various types;
- Cheap Hand Blenders (with no Attachments) – They feature a simple construction that is made of low cost materials. It only comes with a mixing beaker and no other included attachments.
- Stick Blenders (with Attachments) – Has a compact design that is constructed with high quality materials. This type features accessories such as the motor power and the speed control which make it a great multi-purpose kitchen appliance.
- Cordless and Battery Operated Hand-Blenders- These blenders have a practical and modern design and are built of high quality materials as well. It features a rechargeable battery which makes it convenient to those who are on-the-go and have blending needs. These blenders are relatively heavier due to the battery.
- Commercial and Heavy-Duty Immersion Blenders- They have a longer shaft, a greatly powerful motor of over 600 Watts and also variable speeds which make mixing, blending and pureeing of larger amounts of food (cold or hot) easy. The blenders have a rubberized grip as well as a second handle to enhance full control when under use.
2. A Countertop Blender (General Purpose Blender)
It is also referred to as a jug or jar blender. These blenders are usually stationary-jar electric blenders which are normally heavier than the immersion blenders. They are able to perform many various kitchen tasks such as blending different drinks like milkshakes, smoothies and cocktail. They are also great for mixing, grinding, pureeing, crushing ice, chopping and much more.
What your blender machine will enable you to prepare depends on the Countertop Blender model that you choose. Some of the small jar blenders have low power motors while others are commercial heavy duty powerful blenders that feature large containers. The Countertop blenders have been divided into the following sub-types.
- Small Personal Blenders- These blenders are affordable, small and easy-to-use. Their small size makes them highly portable and easy to store (can even be kept in a drawer). They are perfect for making milkshakes, smoothies as well as other blended drinks with or without a little ice.
- Cocktail Blenders- The blenders are strong enough to crush ice in preparation of cocktails. The cocktail blenders come in two alternatives:
1. Dual-Wave Cocktail Blenders – They have the Dual wave technology that includes a powerful motor of 1000 Watts which enhances effective ice crushing, fast mixing and blending which result in tasty and smooth blended cocktails.
2. Margarita Blenders – These cocktail blenders have a separated ice reservoir and 1 or more glass jars. The blending machine shaves ice rather than crushing it and mixes the correct ice proportion automatically with the mixed ingredients. It is also very easy to clean and use.
- Smoothie Blenders-They are constructed using high-quality materials and are usually safe to clean in the dishwasher. They have a powerful motor that offers variable speeds with a pulse to enhance smooth blending results and perfect ice crushing.
- Commercial Heavy Duty Jug Blenders – This type of blenders is similar to a smoothie maker. It is able to substitute most of the other appliances in the kitchen. The machine can blend, grind, puree, freeze, crush, cook, dice, chop and much more. It may therefore be referred to as food blender as well.
Purchasing a blender for your kitchen is a great addition in the food preparation process and can easily save you plenty of time in the kitchen. Due to the availability of several options of blenders, carrying out an extensive research of all the potential models might be hectic. To make your searching process easier, the following are 6 great things to look for or consider when purchasing your blender.
The horsepower or wattage of the motor
Blenders come in 2 different types of motor horsepower. The first one is the maximum horsepower that occurs when the blender is turned on which is not its actual running horsepower. The second one is the rated horsepower which refers to the steady horsepower which the motor is able to maintain.
You should be careful about the blenders which may trick you by advertising the peak horsepower which may make it seem very powerful. It is recommended to look out for the actual rated horsepower advertisements before choosing a blender with your preferred range of power.
Type of Blender (Countertop or Immersion)
The Countertop blenders are constructed for your countertop and feature a huge jar which is attached to the stand with the blender’s controls. They are suitable for smoothies, food and crushing ice.
The Immersion blenders are smaller handheld blenders that have a rotating blade placed at one end of a long stick. They are suitable for blending ingredients in bowls or glasses especially pureeing of soup or frothing up a milkshake. It is important to know what your blending needs are so as to ensure you buy the best blender type that will be appropriate for you.
Before going ahead with your purchase, it is recommended to determine how much you are willing to spend as it will narrow down the available options easily. However, in many instances, looking at the features that you prefer and their equivalent prices before deciding on your budget is highly advised. Once you have your budget, choosing the best blender for you will be an easy task.
|Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender Review||KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender Review with 60-Ounce BPA-Free Pitcher||Blendtec Total Blender FourSide Jar Black Review||Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender Review with 64-Oz. Container||Ninja Professional Blender (BL660) Review|
|Lowest Price||$79.99Amazon See it||$50.00Amazon See it||$399.95Amazon See it||$552.99Amazon See it||$99.99Amazon See it|
|Types||Countertop Blenders||Countertop Blenders||Countertop Blenders||Countertop Blenders||Countertop Blenders|
|Weight||7.65 pounds||10 pounds||7.28 pounds||13 pounds||7.6 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.87 x 9 x 13 inches||9 x 8.5 x 16.5 inches||7 x 8 x 15.5 inches||17.5 x 7.7 x 9.4 inches||8 x 6 x 17 inches|
|Read Full Review||Read Full Review||Read Full Review||Read Full Review||Read Full Review|
Frequency of Use
It is a true fact that the more expensive models come with better quality. It is therefore vital to consider how frequent you will be using the blending machine which ranges from once or twice in a year or maybe once a month to preparation of smoothies for breakfast daily.
Frequently used blenders have to be more powerful and a bit more costly as compared to the seldom used ones. It is therefore very important to be aware of how frequent you will need to use your machine before deciding on the appropriate one to buy.
The various types of blenders have different controls. These controls are meant for managing the varying blending speeds as well as options for making puree, smoothie and crushed ice among many other uses. Some of the blending machines feature manual controls while others have digital controls or programmed blend cycles. Consider the controls that you prefer before acquiring the best blender for your kitchen
The material of the Container
If your blender is for frequent use, it is important to consider the blending container’s material and size. Many blenders feature jars which are made of glass. They are a popular option due to their ease of cleaning. Glass is however heavy and may break easily.
Poly carbonate containers which are found in some of the cheaper blenders cause the absorption of stains and odor from the blended ingredients. Some of the poly carbonate blenders also involve harmful chemicals that may seep into you food. Find the best blenders with high quality materials such as the (BPA) free plastic models before making your purchase.
The top 5 Best Blender Reviews of 2017
The following is a list of the top 5 best blender reviews of 2017 with brief details on their features and benefits to guide you in comparing and choosing the most appropriate and best blender for your needs.
The Nutri Bullet (NBR-12 12-Piece) Hi-Speed Blender/Mixer System is great blending machine that is highly portable, easy-to-use and even safe for kids. The blender pulverizes vegetables, fruits, protein shakes and also super-foods into a delicious.
This smoothie blender has the following great features;
- Nutri-Bullet includes a high-torque powerful 600-watt motor for its effortless efficient performance.
- It features a patented blade design that has a cyclonic action combination that extracts all the nutrients from the food being blended. This in turn helps you in achieving a lifestyle that is as healthy as possible in your diet.
- The Magic Bullet also features a power base, 2 short cups, 1 tall cup, 1 emulsifying blade and 1 flat blade, 2 re-sealable lids, a pocket nutritionist and a manual that has a variety of recipes.
- This blender is manufactured in accordance to the US and Canadian Electrical Standards which assures you of its quality.
- The NutriBullet 12-piece should not be used with any kind of Voltage converter devices or adapters as this is considered an unauthorized modification that will void its warranty.
The Ninja MEGA Kitchen System is one of the best blenders in 2017 that offers professional performance and power. The Ninja Mega Kitchen System is great for food processing, frozen blending and extraction of Nutrients and Vitamins.
The following features make this product another best blender for smoothies.
- This product is packed with a 2+ HP 1500 watt-motor which is able to handle limitless tasks in a very short time which greatly saves your cooking time.
- It features a 72 oz Professional Blender Jug and an 8-Cup Food-Processor Bowl that is convenient for sauce and soup mixing.
- It also has two Professional Single-Serve Cups meant for the complete blending and juicing of nutrients.
- Its XL 72oz. Total Crushing Technology enables the machine to be able to make up to 2 pounds of Dough in less than 30 seconds.
- The Ninja Mega kitchen System (BL770) is Dishwasher safe and BPA Free which makes it one of the best blenders available.
The KitchenAid KSB1570SL 5-Speed Blender is another one of the best blenders in 2017 that maintains an enduring design to provide an exceptional performance.
- Its Intelli-Speed Motor Control is able to sense contents so as to maintain maximum speed in powering through all the ingredients in the blender.
- The product is popular for its robust motor, unique one-piece, stainless steel blades, 56-ounce BPA-Free pitcher as well as electronic controls which work together to establish a powerful motion which is thorough and fast for excellent blending results.
- The blender also features a Soft-Start Feature, a Die-Cast Metal Base and different settings for easily blending various foods which makes it among the best blenders in the market
The Blendtec TB-621-25 Total Blender Classic is a great all-in-one blender which makes fresh juice, smoothies, milkshakes, ice cream, margaritas, cappuccinos, sauces, soups, bread dough, salsa, dressings which makes it the and much more.
- The blender is a Certified Refurbished product that is tested and certified by Blendtec for effective and efficient performance.
- It includes a commercial-quality motor of 1,560-watt for its effortless performance. It features easy-to-use controls which include; digital touch pad controls, pre-programmed blending cycles and an auto shutoff system.
- The product also has a WildSide blending jar, vented lids that are securely fitted, a user guide and a recipe book that has over 230 wonderfully tasting recipes.
- Its Tritan co-polyester jar is BPA-free and includes patented wingtip blades that are cold-forged for efficient blending.
- The product comes with all its original accessories together with a 7-year warranty which makes it one of the best blenders available in 2017.
The Vitamix Professional Series features a premium engineering which enables it to make hot soups, whole-food juices, homemade ice cream, nut butters and much more.
- It includes responsive controls which allow you to adjust each blend’s texture and the blending machine self-cleans in 60 seconds after use.
- The blender offers you limitless recipe possibilities as well as a consistent blending quality for a long time which makes it convenient for frequent use.
- It features 5 pre-programmed settings which facilitate its simple cleaning process, gives a walk-away convenience and great consistent blending results for smoothie, soup, frozen dessert and puree recipes.
- It is made of a commercial-grade 2.2-maximum horsepower motor which enables the product to blend your toughest ingredients. Moreover, its motor works quietly which makes it a very great machine.
- The product’s 64-ounce Low-Profile blending Container is convenient for family meals. The Vitamix Professional Series comes with a 7-year warranty that covers performance, parts and the return shipping to and fro which definitely makes it another best smoothie blender.
Benefits of Having the Best Blender
- Having the best quality blender enables you to easily add more nutritious ingredients to your mix
- Blending ensures you are less hungry since blended foods have lower caloric values and allows you to eat as much as you want.
- Blending your food facilitates easy digestion since the juice is easily digested due to fiber removal
- Having a great blender allows you to have a variety of items which in turn lead towards healthier diet.
Where to buy the Best Blender Online?
Blenders are an appliance which most customers probably use frequently at home. Finding the best blender that will satisfy your needs involves finding the best place of buying your product from and in this case, buying on Amazon.com is highly recommended.
The Amazon website offers you detailed information about blenders that you may be looking for. Amazon also offers you information on customer reviews and ratings which are definitely among your best source of honest buying guide and blender reviews for comparison.
Moreover, in Amazon, you will find the best pricing options together with great warranty services, deals and discounts for your purchase.
Having a best blender in your kitchen is a greatly satisfying aspect to add in your cooking process. On top of saving the time you spend in the kitchen preparing food, blenders provide for the ability to prepare a wide range of delicious and healthy recipes.
This buying guide together with the reviews will help you in acquiring a best blender that suits all your blending needs perfectly. The purchase should be doe on Amazon since it offers the best pricing and shipping options together with the best warranty services that are entirely worth it.